Each day, Patch
provides the nuts and bolts of local happenings with our five-bullet local
1) Events: The Town of Clarkstown holds its reorganization meeting beginning at 8 p.m. at Town Hall at 10 Maple Ave in New City. Supervisor Alexander J. Gromack will deliver his ‘State of the Town’ address. Supervisor Gromack, Councilman George Hoehmann, Councilwoman Stephanie Hausner, Town Clerk Justin Sweet, Highway Superintendent Wayne Ballard, and Town Justices Scott Ugell and Craig Johns will be sworn into office.
2) Events: Play in a poker tournament at Red Rock Café at 96 West Railroad Ave in Garnerville. The free tournaments are held every Tuesday starting at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and are part of World Tavern Poker. Learn more here.
3) Weather: Bundle up, there is a wind chill advisory in effect until 6 p.m. Tuesday. Early morning temperatures will be about 6 degrees with a daytime high of 13 degrees that feels like -20 with the wind chill. Overnight Tuesday, the temperature will plummet to 8 degrees and dip to 14 below zero with the winds factored in. Do you want to know more about the polar vortex causing this recording breaking weather?
4) News: Firefighters braving the elements to battle a house blaze in Nanuet drew the most readers.
5) Blogs: Read how the Piermont Fine Arts Gallery
is helping the Rockland Community Foundation in this blog.