Each day, Patch
provides the nuts and bolts of local happenings with our five-bullet local
1) Events: The Women in Transition group is for women who are separated, going through a divorce or newly single. The group will work through the “new normal” and focus on creating plans of action to move forward in an empowering, positive and sustainable way. Women of all faiths welcome. A licensed clinical therapist will lead the sessions. The eight-week program at Rockland Jewish Family Service at 450 West Nyack Road in West Nyack tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. costs $200. Childcare will be provided, with a pizza dinner for the kids. Get more details here.
2) Events: The Steps to Freedom Meditation group is for anyone who wants to follow a creative, open-minded path to freedom. It is mainly Buddhist inspired, but with a distinctly open and creative approach. The group meets Thursday, Jan. 9 at 821C Chestnut Ridge Road in Spring Valley at 7 p.m. For more information, go to www.stepstofreedom.org. RSVP and email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions and parking instructions.
3) Weather: There’s slight improvement in Wednesday’s weather forecast of mostly sunny skies with a high near 21. Wind chill values will be as low as -10 with a west wind of 9 miles per hour.
4) News: A police investigation of a sex abuse incident at the Palisades Center was Tuesday’s most widely read post.
5) Blogs: This blog is popular with Rocklanders who wanted to see the snowy photos.