Worldwide Community First Responder, Inc.
provides its services worldwide to all communities regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability, economic and social class. WCFR members are a diverse group of volunteers who provide their services free of charge. Through their efforts, WCFR members seek to empower individuals in their own communities and save lives.
WCFR Services provided in Nanuet, NY
Worldwide Community First Responder, Inc. became a founding member of the Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) in July, 2012. This was made possible byJacqueline Cassagnol, who got involved in the relaunch of the Nanuet Chamber of Commerce, and generously donated the founding business membership fee of $495. The following WCFR Services were provided with the help of Nanuet Community members and Nanuet Chamber members.
Accomplishments from July, 2012 to June, 2013 are listed in Chronological order.
- July, 2012 – Founding Member of GNCC The Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce's mission is "to promote and support the business, civic, and cultural vitality of Nanuet through advocacy, leadership and networking to create a vibrant, prosperous, environmentally sound, and strong community". WCFR plans to provide its services in collaboration with GNCC in the Nanuet Community.
- November, 2012 – Make a Difference Rockland WCFR participated in the annual free event in Nanuet, NY. Make a Difference Rockland provides the community with a chance to learn about non-profit programs and services, membership, volunteer and donor opportunities.
- November, 2012 to March, 2013 – WCFR Help Fight Hunger WCFR in collaboration with GNCC, collected non-perishable food donations. With the struggling economy, the unavailability of free meals, and the recent changes in our climate, the need for food in our community is greater than ever. “WCFR Help Fight Hunger” is a program with a goal of providing nonperishable foods to local residents for the winter months.
- January, 2013 - MLK Day of Service WCFR participated in the 2013 MLK Day of Service by assessing the health of the Nanuet community. Over 25 volunteers participated in our project and 200 surveys were completed, as we commemorated the life of Martin Luther King Jr. The purpose of the "Nanuet Community Health Assessment" project was to identify the most pressing health problems in the Nanuet community, which can be addressed through community action.
- April, 2013 – Food Drive WCFR delivered remaining nonperishable foods (from WCFR Help Fight Hunger/Winter Program) to Rose Ann Mercado, Nanuet Family Resource Center.
- April, 2013 – Health Fair WCFR participated in Health Fair held at the Nanuet Public Library by providing health education pamphlets. The event was organized by Legislator Aney Paul. Jacqueline Cassagnol represented GNCC and WCFR.
- June, 2013 – Family Fest (Nanuet Day) "Health Fair" WCFR participated in the annual Nanuet Day event. Jacqueline Cassagnol organized the first ever health fair of the annual Nanuet Day event. The Family Fest Health Fair provided information to the community to increase awareness of fatal health conditions, promote healthy lifestyles, and improve community health. Data collected from the MLK Day of Service project "Nanuet Community Health Assessment" surveys were used to focus on certain health topics.
- June, 2013 – Certificate of Achievement Jacqueline Cassagnol was given an award by the County of Rockland in grateful appreciation for services rendered to the County of Rockland, New York.
Jacqueline Cassagnol, RN, MSN, PMC is the founder and president of Worldwide Community First Responder, Inc., and founding board member and vice president of the Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce.
About Worldwide Community First Responder, Inc.
Worldwide Community First Responder (WCFR) is a non-profit/charitable organization with a mission “to prevent deaths worldwide through education and training”. WCFR offers two main services: WCFR Health Education and WCFR Training Program. The WCFR Health Education focuses on educating community members worldwide of fatal health conditions and preventative measures. The WCFR Training Program is dedicated to providing worldwide community-based first response and first aid training. WCFR provides its services worldwide to all communities regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability, economic and social class. WCFR members are a diverse group of volunteers who provide their services free of charge. Through their efforts, WCFR members seek to empower individuals in their own communities and save lives.
For more information on how to get involved, please visit us at www.wcfrworldwide.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org