Here's a roundup of some of the best blogs in Rockland County of 2013:
Local non-profits, civic groups and other area organizations blog regularly on Patch to keep Rockland County residents abreast of local volunteer opportunities, events and more:
- Keep Rockland Beautiful shared information about community cleanups throughout the county
- Rockland Cares for Troops supports area residents that are currently deployed in Afghanistan.
- Rockland Road Runners congratulated local runners who completed the ING New York City Marathon, among a number of other competitive races.
- Nanuet Boy Scout Troop 78 publicly congratulated its new Eagle Scouts in its blog and recapped a wilderness survival trip.
The opening of The Shops at Nanuet was a big story for locals this year, and the mall's blog updates notified residents about the grand opening, special events, individual store openings and more.
Each week, local animal rescue groups and organizations feature adoptable pets in our area. Among them are Hi-Tor Animal Care Center and the Hudson Valley Humane Society.
Donna Schmidt's blog, Rockland Stories, highlights local events, interesting people and businesses throughout the county. One of her most popular posts of the year was titled "15 Special Places to Know if you Just Moved to Rockland."
Professional photographer Kurt Beebe captures scenes at Provident Bank Park. This year, he watched The Beach Boys rock out and shared photographs from a Rockland Boulders game.
You don't have to have your own Patch blog page to contribute to Patch's dynamic and growing blog platform! Some of our best contributions this year were simple statements or photos in one of our open blogs. If you want to share a great local photos, just visit our Snapshots blogs.
- A resident shared a fun photo of snowmen built during an early December snow day in New City.
- Leg. Ed Day shared some photos from his time at Pearl River Day.
- The 12th Annual Brian Casey Bowl brought together old friends and family members on a cold Black Friday.
- Temple Beth Sholom in New City held a Shabbat for people with special needs and shared photos from the event.
Patch is open platform where readers can post, comment and recommend stories on the site. Any user is welcome to blog, by going to the ‘blogs’ tab from the homepage. Email Patch Community Editor Sarah Studley at email@example.com with any questions.
To subscribe to your favorite Patch blogs, click "Get Email Updates" on the blog's main page.