The Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce, Inc. was recently born and is accepting members to better the businesses and community in Nanuet.
Several months ago, a few members of the community brought up the idea of revitalizing the Nanuet Chamber of Commerce. After a few public meetings, things moved forward with the selection of an interim board, selection of the mission statement and drafting of the by laws.
With a recent successful kick-off meeting and the organization is seeking members and one of the options is to become a Founding Member. However, that opportunity is running out of time with a deadline of Dec. 31.
The Chamber determined to allow a one-time designation of "Founding Member" to any member who will pay four years of dues ($495 for business and $100 for individuals).
Here are your interim members of the chamber
- President: Timothy Chhim, owner of the AllState Insurance building on Main Street in Nanuet
- Vice President: Roy Giampicolo, Rusco of Rockland and a Nanuet Rotarian
- Treasurer: Clem Yeboah, president of ATAX Accounting & Financial Services
- Secretary: Susan Farese, Nanuet resident
- Assistant Secretary: Nicholas Miller, Nanuet resident and carpenter
“This is the time for members to stand up and be counted,” said Yeboah. “This is the time to fill out application for membership and pay dues to be considered a founding member. This is the time to volunteer to join a committee of the Chamber.”
You can stop at the ATAX office at 218 Main Street, Nanuet, or at Allstate office at 224 Main Street, Nanuet, to fill out an application and pay your dues.
Dues and Membership
"As you know, the business of the Chamber depends on availability of funds to operate, as well as on members who will drive the activities of the Chamber,” said Yeboah.
- $125/year for businesses
- $25/year for individuals
- The Chamber determined to allow a one-time designation of "Founding Member" to any member who will pay four years of dues ($495 for business and $100 for individuals). The deadline to become a founding member is December 31, 2012.