Dominican College will honor the memory of 1976 graduate Dan Sullivan this weekend.
Dominican will host the Daniel Sullivan Memorial Tournament today through Sunday on Coach Baxter Court in the Hennessy Center, with women's games tonight and Saturday afternoon and the men playing Saturday evening and Sunday.
Sullivan, eighth on Dominican's all-time scoring list with 1,492 career points, was inducted into the college's athletic hall of fame in 1995. The Pearl River native passed away Oct. 31, 2011, leading to the formation of the Dan Sullivan Foundation earlier this year to provide scholarships and other aid to those in need. For more information about the Dan Sullivan Foundation, click here.
The tournament schedule is as follows:
Friday Women's games
- New York Institute of Technology vs. Nyack College, 6 p.m.
- Merrimack College vs. Dominican College, 8 p.m.
Saturday Women's games
- Nyack College vs. Merrimack College, noon
- New York Institute of Technology vs. Dominican College, 2 p.m.
Saturday Men's games
- Assumption College vs. Caldwell College, 6 p.m.
- University of Bridgeport vs. Dominican College, 8 p.m.
Sunday Men's games
- University of Bridgeport vs. Caldwell College, 2 p.m.
- Assumption College vs. Dominican College, 4 p.m.