Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 4
- Why Go: The stellar Beatles cover band, Ob-La-Di, will perform a concert complete with archival footage. Proceeds will benefit the charitable works of the Nanuet Rotary Club and . Local businesses have graciously donated dozens of raffle prizes for this family-friendly event.
- Cost/Contact: Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for students/seniors; Order tickets at http://peopletopeopleinc.org/ or Call Diane at 845-825-2615. Discounted tickets are available when purchased online.
Mother’s Day Craft
- When/Where: from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, May 5
- Why Go: AC Moore has free demonstration on Mother’s day craft projects all month long. This Saturday, it’s Mother’s day Stepping Stone. There are also 220 kids craft projects for only $1.
- Cost/Contact: Free /
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 from 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m./Clarkstown High School South at 31 Demarest Mill Rd in West Nyack
- Why Go: Adopt-A-Platoon Campaign will collect personal items for the deployed men and women in the US Armed Forces. Donations will be accepted all day. Lacrosse games will be played throughout the day, beginning with pre-game events at 12:30 p.m. for the 1 p.m. Youth game. Pre-game events will be held at 3 p.m. for 3:30 p.m. JV game South High School vs. North High School match. At 5: 30 p.m. pre-game events take place prior to 6 p.m. Varsity game South High School versus North High School
- Cost/Contact: Free
- When/Where: Sunday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m./Rockland Community College Field House at 145 College Road in Suffern
- Why Go: Fun day created to Educate, Inspire, Motivate, Energize and Empower. A great day for the entire family with tips on how to live a more positive, healthy, active and fit lifestyle. Big Brothers Big Sisters announces its relationship with Rob Fletcher and America's Next Great Trainer. The expo will feature health and fitness experts, doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists, strength and conditioning coaches, athletes, instructors, inspirational and motivational leaders, lifestyle coaches, authors, beauticians, stylists, beauty and skin care specialists, TV and radio personalities.
- Cost/Contact: Freefirstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Friday, May 4, 2012, 7:00 pm/117 Washington Springs Rd, Palisades
- Why Go: It’s one of the world’s most famous plays, performed by kids ages 8 to 13.
- Cost/Contact: $25 adults, $15 email@example.com
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 6:30 pm/, 107 Strawtown Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: It’s a Cinco De Mayo family dinner with tacos, Mexican music and more
- Cost/Contact: Suggested donation—adults $10, seniors and students $8, children 12 and under firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Park in Orangeburg.
- Why Go: The 28th Annual Jake Amann Fishing Contest is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Pearl River. Take part in this free fishing contest open to children ages 15 and under. There will be trophies and prizes for special catches, including a $1,000 savings bond. Rain date is May 12, 2012. For more on last year’s event, click here.
- Cost/Contact: Free to children 15 and under. www.rotaryclubofpearlriver.org.
- When/Where: Sunday, May 6 at Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk starts at 10 .m.
- Why Go: Support the March of Dimes in promoting healthy babies at this family-friendly event. Breakfast will be provided by Panera and Rockland Bakery. After the walk, there will be activities including a bouncy house, a Home Depot workshop for kids, video games with Arcade 2 Go and Mad Science.
- Cost/Contact: To register or for more information, go to http://www.marchforbabies.org/