Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
The Annual Bossy Frog Family Holiday Extravaganza
- When/Where: Thursday, Dec. 29 at 11:00 a.m./ 97 Lafayette Ave, Suffern
- Why Go: Join Rockland’s own Jeffrey Friedberg as he leads The Bossy Frog Band for a fun filled morning at the Lafayette Theater. This annual musical extravaganza features a banjo, a hula hooping fiddler and a big green frog and is sure to delight the entire family. And there will be ‘extra special surprises’, dancing in the aisles and of course, milk ‘n cookies for all the children!
- Cost/Contact: $12/For tix and info go to: www.artsrock.org.
- When/Where: Thursday, Dec. 29 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m./New City Library, 220 North Main Street, New City
- Why Go: Children in grades 2-6 are invited to come and experience a "mystery build" with Lego enthusiast, Mike Bader, a founding member of I LUG NY, an adult Lego building club. Mike's work has received awards from the Lego Group as well as NASA. What will the mystery build be? Parents are invited and encouraged to help. Limited registration begins December 19th. Must have a valid New City or West Nyack Library card to register.
- Cost/Contact: Free/Pre-registration requested www.newcitylibrary.org
- When/Where: Germonds Presbyterian Church, 39 Germonds Road, New City, NY 10956 on Jan. 4 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: MusicClasses4Kids invites parents/caregivers and their infants, toddlers, and preschool aged children to attend a FREE TRIAL CLASS for our Winter 2012 “Boppin’ to the Beat” Song Collection.
- Cost/Contact: Trial classes are by reservation only, with no obligation. Please call (845) 353-PLAY (7529) to reserve your space or for additional information. You can visit us on the web at www.MusicClasses4Kids.com
- When/Where: Nanuet Public Library at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 29
- Why Go: Catch this classic with your family
- Cost/Contact: free;
- When/Where: Friday, December 30, 9:00 pm /4270 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack
- Why Go: Stay warm, have fun and get some exercise, the trampoline way
- Cost/Contact: $20
- When/Where: Friday, December 30, 8:00 a.m./YMCA, 35 S Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: Let your kids experience what the Y has
- Cost/Contact: $65
Winter Break Camp
- When/Where: Dec 26-30 at ; Dates and times vary depending on the sport
- Why Go: It’s cold out, but here’s a fun indoor way for kids keep busy and active during their winter break. There’s softball, baseball, speed soccer; Pizza party on Friday is included. For ages 7-9; 10-12; All Levels Welcome
- Cost/Contact: $50/day or $125/week for softball and baseball; $50/day or $95 for both days for speed soccer;
- When/Where: “Rio” starts at 10:30 a.m. and “Ramona and Beezus” begins at 1:30 p.m. Thursday Dec. 29 at the Pearl River Public Library.
- Why Go: Take advantage of a free trip to the movies, just in time to help deal with those empty wallets from holiday shopping. Titles to be announced.
- Cost/Contact: For Pearl River Public Library cardholders. Free and there is no registration. For more information, call the library at (845) 735-4084.
- When/Where: Begins 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3 at Pearl River Public Library. Registration ends Jan. 6.
- Why Go: Interested in enrolling your child in Story Time for 3-to-6-year-olds or any of the other weekly child-friendly activities the Pearl River Public Library offers? Go to the children’s room to find the flier with dates, times and descriptions of upcoming events.
- Cost/Contact: For more information, go to the Pearl River Library’s newly-renovated website here or call (845) 735-4084.