Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Teen’s Choice Movies
- When/Where: Jan. 25 at 4 p.m. at Nyack Public Library
- Why Go: Join the library on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month for movies and popcorn. Movies are rated up to PG-13.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Elizabeth Hobson 845-358-3370
- When/Where: Friday, Jan. 25 at 8 p.m. at the Nyack Village Theatre
Why Go: A Godspell Concert to be performed at the Nyack Village Theatre. Musically Directed, Choreographed, and Staged by Mark Zizolfo. Come out for some fun and music
Cost/Contact: $15 online, $17 at the door; Students/Seniors: $13 online, $15 at the door / firstname.lastname@example.org 201-694-0610
Arts and Craft Demonstration
- When/Where: 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan 26 at A.C. Moore
- Why Go: Come watch a demonstration on Artskills School Project Display Board
- Cost/Contact: Free / A.C. Moore
Family Movie Night: Dolphin Tale
- When/Where: Friday, Jan. 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Nanuet Public Library
- Why Go: No registration required. Enjoy a movie on our big screen! Bring blankets, pillows, and whatever makes you most comfortable. We will provide snacks. A grown up must accompany children into the Library and remain with them in the Community Room during the movie presentation.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Nanuet Public Library
- When/Where: Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 6:30 pm/New City Library, 220 N Main St, New City
- Why Go: Come in your PJs, bring your favorite stuffed toy or pillow and settle in for an evening of fun storytelling with Miss Janet. All adults must show their New City or West Nyack Library cards at the door.
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.newcitylibrary.org
- When/Where: Saturday, Jan. 26 at 2 p.m./Sanctuary Yoga Studios, 132 Park Avenue, New City
- Why Go: Free forty-five minute yoga demo class for children followed by a question and answer period about the upcoming yoga teacher training weekend intensives in winter/spring 2013. Children will enjoy learning yoga postures, different breathing techniques and the joy of friendship and sharing through this themed class. Ages 5-7
- Cost/Contact: Free/845-548-1090
- When/Where: Sundays at Pearl River High School. Began Jan. 13. Buddies arrive at 9:45 a.m. and players come at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Athletes from ages three to 21 with developmental disabilities can learn basketball and social skills while working with non-disabled peers known as buddies. The buddies get the opportunity to help others in an athletic environment. They can also fulfill volunteer hours if needed. Buddyball is part of the Orangetown Mighty Midgets, drawing players and buddies from Orangetown and surrounding communities.
- Cost/Contact: $45 for players. Free for buddies. Players must pre-register. Buddies register on site. For more information, go to http://www.buddyballsports.org/.
- When/Where: Friday Jan. 25 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Pearl River Public Library Community Room.
Why Go: Local alternative/rock bands will be playing this free concert at the library.
Cost/Contact: Free with tickets only available at the library/For more information call Christina Linder at 735-4084