Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Little League Baseball for Ages 13-16
- When/Where: www.nanuetlittleleague.org
- Why Go: Little League Baseball is not just for the 12 and under set any more! Nanuet Little League is enrolling now for a brand new 50/70 division for 13 year olds as well as 60/90 divisions for ages 13-14 and 15-16.
- Cost/Contact: Visit www.nanuetlittleleague.org for more information and to sign up now!
Free Kaplan Practice SAT test
- When/Where: Sunday, January 13, at 2 p.m. at Hilton Garden Inn
- Why Go: Are YOU ready for the SAT? A practice test is crucial to ward off those Test Day jitters and to reveal how you may score on the "real thing". Don't be surprised!! Come and experience first hand what Test Day will be like. Kaplan Test Prep will provide a proctored SAT practice test and will return student scores individually with personalized, analyzed results. Please bring multiple, sharpened #2 pencils, an approved calculator and a healthy snack for the break.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Please reference event code STXY3318 when registering online or with 1-800-KAP-TEST.
- When/Where: Thursday, Jan. 10 at 11 a.m. at Nyack Public Library
- Why Go: Come with your child and listen to longer stories, sing songs, dance and play games. For children ages 3 to 5 with caregiver.
- Cost/Contact: Free No registration necessary / 845.358.3370 x228
- When/Where: Friday, Jan. 11 at 4 p.m. at Nyack Public Library
- Why Go: Have your teens join the Nyack Library on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month when they host movies and popcorn. Movies are rated up to PG-13.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Elizabeth Hobson at 845-358-3370
Unified Theater Production-Wild West Show
- When/Where: Thursday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m./Clarkstown High School North, 151 Congers Rd, New City
- Why Go: This original production includes students with and without disabilities who have created dances and skits with a Wild West Theme. All proceeds will go to Hurricane Sandy Relief.
- Cost/Contact: $5/845-624-3470
- When/Where: Sunday, Jan.13 at 2 p.m./New City Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Rescue Squad, 200 Congers Rd, New City
- Why Go: Bob Franke is in an elite class of folk musicians along with the likes of Tom Paxton, John Prine, John McCutcheon, Bill Staines, & Si Kahn. Many of his songs have become classics such as “Thanksgiving Eve”, “Alleluia, The Great Storm Is Over”, “Hard Love”, “Beggars to God”, and “The Acid Polka”. Bob’s music delivers a message to all of us, one of healing, calm, and serenity with a taste of wit and humor thrown in.
- Cost/Contact: $20 per person or $15 for Borderline or Pinewoods members. Bring a cold pot luck dessert dish to share with four other people. We are an alcohol free venue./Make reservations at email@example.com or (845) 354-4586.