Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Nanuet Schools Winter Concerts
- When/Where: Thursday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m. (Grades 7 & 8), Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7:30 p.m. (Grade 6), Thursday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 p.m. (Grade 5) at Nanuet High School
- Why Go: Try to catch these winter concerts. The students have worked very hard, so come out and enjoy some festive holiday music.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Nanuet High School
Nyack Schools Winter Concerts
- When/Where: Will take place starting this week and next week. On varying days and times and locations. Click here for the full schedule
- Why Go: Support the arts and the local students. Come out for some festive music and see how hard they’ve worked.
- Cost/Contact: Free
- When/Where: Friday Dec 14 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15 at 11 a.m., at Barnes & Noble at the Palisades Center.
- Why Go: Morris Lessmore loved words. He loved stories. He loved books. But every story has its upsets. Everything in Morris Lessmore's life, including his own story, is scattered to the winds. But the power of story will save the day.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Barnes & Noble
Caroling Cocoa and Cookies
- When/Where: Friday, Dec. 14 at 6:30 p.m. at Clarkstown Reformed Church
- Why Go: They meet at 6:30 p.m. in the church. Bring cookies or a cake, or just yourself and a flashlight. Dress warmly in red and green. We'll meet in the Disciple's Room and head out for some fun caroling. Then, we'll come back for delicious cocoa and cookies. If you are unable to go caroling but would like to join us for cocoa, cookies and fellowship, come to the church at about 7:45. Everyone is welcome!
- Cost/Contact: Free / (845) 358-4320 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresh Christmas Tree sale benefits fire company
- When/Where: Friday, Dec. 14 Open from 9-3 on weekdays and 9-9 on weekends at Orangetown Fire Company No. 1
- Why Go: Bought your Christmas tree or wreath yet? You can buy Christmas trees and wreaths from the trees range from the Orangetown Fire Company No. 1. Proceeds go back to the fire department
- Cost/Contact: $30-80 / Orangetown Fire Company No. 1
- When/Where: Wednesday, Dec. 12 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m./New City Jewish Center, 47 Old Schoolhouse Rd # A, New City
- Why Go: Arts and Crafts & Sing-a-Long at 5 p.m. including construct a popsicle stick Jewish star to decorate your home and create edible Dreidels. Sing Chanukah songs together. Community Menorah Lighting at 5:30 p.m. 6:15pm - Light dinner sponsored by the NCJC Men's Club at 6:15 p.m. with Kid-friendly selections and lots of Latkes.Youth Lounge Night for Grades 3-12 from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m.
- Cost/Contact: Free/ Rabbi Ruberg at (845) 638-9600 x 110 or email@example.com
- When/Where: Friday, Dec. 14 at 7/Congers United Methodist Church, 3 Old Haverstraw Rd, Congers
- Why Go: Come and join us for an evening of carols celebrating Jesus' birth and salvation! Listen to the angelic voices of children singing. Be uplifted by the sound of the Garnerville UMC Children's Bell Choir. Violin, cello, guitar and the piano sets the tune and you know Christmas is in the air. Isabella Palacpac, teen-cellist, semi-finalist of this year's Tchaikovsky Classical Music International Competition once again will play for this wonderful occasion. After the concert, there is a Christmas Potluck Dinner.
- Cost/Contact: Freefirstname.lastname@example.org