Mass transit schedule changes for the New Year’s holiday will be similar to those put into place last week for Christmas with early getaway service on New Year’s Eve. Check with providers for added service home after the ball drops in Times Square.
The Rockland County Department of Public Transportation provided the following information.
New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, Dec. 31st:
- TOR and TZx buses will operate normal weekday schedules. Some TZx bus departures from the Tarrytown train station may be adjusted a few minutes to connect with Metro North train schedules.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate normal weekday service.
- Clarkstown Mini Trans and Spring Valley Jitney will operate normal weekday service.
- Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) express bus routes from Manhattan to Rockland will operate early getaway service. Route #45 will begin at 1:30 p.m.; Route #47 will begin at 2:30 p.m. and Route #49 will begin at 2:15 p.m. On New Year’s Eve, additional late night buses from Port Authority Terminal to Rockland County will depart at 12:15 a.m. on Route #20 and at 12:45 a.m. on Route #11-A. Go to www.coachusa.com or call 201-263-1254.
- Coach USA Express (Shortline) bus service from the Exit 14 Park & Ride lot will operate a modified schedule from Exit 14 in the morning and in the afternoon on Tuesday. Early getaway afternoon buses from Manhattan will be added at 2, 2:30 and 3 p.m. from 56th Street & 5th Ave. and at 2:30 p.m. from Wall Street. Go to www.shortlinebus.com or call 800-631-8405.
- Monsey Trails commuter buses will operate holiday service. Go to www.monseybus.com or call 800-510-5100.
- Metro-North will operate an early getaway schedule beginning at 12 p.m. with trains added and some trains combined. A regular weekday evening schedule resumes after 8:15 p.m. Call 511 and go to www.mta.info for holiday schedule details.
- New Jersey Transit Pascack Valley Line will operate an early getaway train departing Penn Station at 2:51 p.m. and Hoboken at 2:58 p.m. Trains normally scheduled for departure from Penn Station at 7:13 p.m. and Hoboken at 7:20 p.m. will be cancelled. The NJT Main Bergen Line early getaway train departs Penn Station at 2:33 p.m. and Hoboken at 2:45 p.m. The 6:03 p.m. train from Penn Station that also leaves Hoboken at 6:11 p.m. is also cancelled. Go to www.njtransit.com or call 973- 275-5555.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry service will operate an early ferry to meet the 2:51 p.m. train departure from Grand Central Terminal to Ossining. Go to www.mta.info or call 511.
New Year’s Day, Wednesday, Jan. 1st:
- TOR buses will operate Sunday service on TOR Routes #59, #91, #92, #93 and Loops #1, #2 and #3. No service will be available on TOR Routes #94, #95 or #97.
- TZx, Coach USA Express (Shortline), Clarkstown Mini-Trans and Spring Valley Jitney buses will not operate.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
- Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan lines) will operate Sunday service and Coach
- USA (Shortline) buses will operate holiday service.
- Monsey Trails commuter buses will operate holiday service.
- Metro-North trains will operate holiday service.
- NJ Transit will add 1 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. trains from New York. Otherwise trains will follow a weekend service. Go to www.njtransit.com or call 973- 275-5555.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining ferry service will not operate.
For all transit alerts and inquiries, go to www.rocklandbus.com or call the Rockland Transit Information Center at 845-364-3333, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.