Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Saturday, June 2 at 11:00 a.m. at the Nanuet Outdoor Education Center, formerly the St. Agatha grounds—128 Convent Rd, Nanuet, NY
- Why Go: The 5th Annual Nanuet Family Fest is Saturday, June 2 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Nanuet Outdoor Resource Center, which is formerly the St. Agatha grounds at 135 convent road, Nanuet. The raindate is June 3
- Cost/Contact: Admission is free and there's on-site parking. There will be food, drinks and ice cream for sale.
- When/Where: The walk will be at . Registration begins at 9 a.m. with the walk starting at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: AMHS student Jimmy Place at age 15 in July 2011 from Cystic Fibrosis. His mother Alison and family members organized this fundraiser to raise money toward research for a cure for CF. Music at the event will be provided by 92.3 NOW. Bagels will be served before the walk and hamburgers and hotdogs served after the walk.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Visit Alison Place's Donation Page for more details
- When/Where: Friday from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the Pearl River Public LIbrary’s Storytime Room.
- Why Go: Learn to play chess or practice and share the skills you already have. For students in grades two through six.
- Cost/Contact: Free. No registration required. For more information, contact Pamela Gunning at (845) 735-4084 ext 126
- When/Where: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 8:00 am/Rockland Lake State Park, 9W, Clarkstown
- Why Go: The Mental Health Association of Rockland County (MHA) will host a Wellness Walk & 5K run to raise money and awareness for the organization
- Cost/Contact: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m./Rockland BOCES at 65 Parrott Road in West Nyack
- Why Go: Come to the “Farm to Family Fest” - Planting a Vision for the Next Generation. The Fest includes: Local Farms, Ask the Master Gardener, Compost Bins and Rain Barrels, Hands-on Demonstrations, Lunch & Snacks, Workshops, Farmer's Market, Green Bazaar, Music and School Displays and Fun Family Fitness. It will be held rain or shine.
- Cost/Contact: Free Admission/845-627-4770
- When/Where: Saturday, June 2 at 7 p.m./1 Provident Bank Park Drive in Pomona
- Why Go: Join the Clarkstown Education Foundation to watch the Boulders take on Quebec at Provident Bank Park. $2.50 from each $10 ticket will go to supporting Clarkstown schools. You can also bid on a chance to throw out the first pitch or sing the national anthem. There will be fireworks after the game.
- Cost/Contact: $10/www.clarkstownschoolsfoundation.org or www.rocklandboulders.com