If your garage or basement is home to a budding rock group, hear this.
Rye Playland is searching for groups to play its Battle of the Bands at the Music Tower Theater this summer.
Contestants will take the stage Friday, July 20 (rain date is Friday, July 27), and the winners will take home a grand prize.
How does a group qualify? All members must be amateur musicians between the ages of 15 and 20. Interested groups must submit sample recordings by Wednesday, June 27 for a panel of judges to review. See details below.
- To upload recordings and band info online, visit RyePlayland.org. (Mp3, Mp4 and Wav formats accepted; stay under the 5 Mb maximum.)
- To sumbit recordings and band info hard-copies, inlcude a CD along with the band's name, members' names, addresses and ages, song information and an evening telephone number. Mail or drop off music samples to Westchester County Parks, 450 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502, attention Battle of the Bands. Allow sufficient time for mailing.
Questions? Call (914) 231-4564, or email email@example.com.
How Patch can help
Help get the word out about your band by posting an announcement on the appropriate Patch—if you're rocking out in Harrison, let residents know you're aiming for the Playland stage, and share your tunes. Here's how:
- Go to your local Patch, and create an account by clicking 'sign up' at the top-right corner.
- Once you've done that, scoll to the bottom-right of the page to see contribution options. You can post band events, put together an announcement or even blog about your new tunes and quest for the stage.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org