Join more than 150,000 people nationwide who have taken this Free class for family caregivers of adults living with a mental illness. The class is sponsored by the Rockland County affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI-FAMILYA.
This 12-week course is taught by trained family members who have lived with someone with mental illness in their own family.
The course teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively and offers practical support for families and friends of individuals living with a mental illness. Attend with other family members in a confidential, non-judgmental setting
1. Learning about feelings, learning about facts.
2. Schizophrenia, major depression and mania: diagnosis and dealing with critical periods
3. Subtypes of depression and bipolar disorder, panic disorder and OCD; borderline personality disorder, Asperger's Syndrome and autism spec-trum disorders: diagnosis and causes
4. The biology of the brain/new research
5. Problem-solving workshop
6. Medication review
7. Empathy workshop-what it’s like to have a brain disorder
8. Communication skills
9. Self-care and relative groups
10. Key principles of recovery & rehabilitation
11. Advocacy: fighting stigma
12. Review and certification ceremony
Class will be held on Thursday Evenings from 6:30 PM—9:00 PM The course and all materials provided are free of charge. *pre-registration required so call now to register!
Many describe the impact of this program as Life Changing!
To Register: (845) 359-8787
or Email: email@example.com