2013 EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
SAVE THE DATES AND JOIN US!
The WCFR 2013 Events & Activities calendar was developed to raise awareness of, promote and raise funds for WCFR. These events and activities are open to all of those, who have a genuine desire to support WCFR’s mission to “prevent deaths worldwide through education and training.”
- On Saturday, January 19th, 2013 (MLK Day of Service), over 25 volunteers conducted short surveys of people along Main Street in Nanuet. Over 200 surveys were collected by our volunteers on that cold winter day. The result of the surveys and other information will be used to identify the most pressing problems, which can be addressed through community action. Click here to view our MLK Day of Service project photos and read our article.
- Sunday, March 17th, 2013 – Introduction to WCFR "Help Us Save Lives" We will host an introduction to WCFR in Nyack, NY. Come and meet our members and find out if you would like to be part of our group. Click here for more information
- Sunday, May 12th, 2013 – WCFR Walk for Health Join us for our Second Annual Walk for Health, which will cover a casual 2-3 mile walk. Every journey begins with that first step. Walk with us and save lives!
- Saturday, June 1st, 2013 – Nanuet Day "Health Fair" We will participate in the annual Nanuet Day event and organize a health fair. Visit our health fair! Data collected from our MLK Day of Service project "Nanuet Community Health Assessment" surveys will be used to focus on certain health topics.
- Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 – Birthday Bash & WCFR Fundraiser Join us on our Second Annual Birthday Bash & WCFR Fundraiser. We will celebrate the WCFR President’s Birthday and fundraise for WCFR on agreat evening of fashion, music and dance. Let's join together to save lives...even if it takes all night! Location to be announced.
- October, 2013 – Make a Difference Rockland We will participate in the annual Make a Difference Rockland free event. Visit our table! Make a Difference Rockland provides the community with a chance to learn about non-profit programs and services, membership, volunteer and donor opportunities. Date and Location to be announced.
- December, 2013 – Holiday Party & WCFR Fundraiser Join us for our Holiday Party & WCFR Fundraiser. Date and Location to be announced.
Funds raised from our events and activities will enable us to continue our health education and training programs locally and abroad.
"We are very appreciative and thankful for our MLK Day of Service project volunteers." Jacqueline Cassagnol, RN, MSN, PMC
Founder & President
We are always looking for volunteers. As a WCFR volunteer, magic happens. By giving to others through volunteering you connect with your community, create friendships, and bring support and meaning into your life. Click here to become a WCFR volunteer.
For more information on how to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com