.

Burnt Steak Sets Off Alarms, Causes Building Evacuation

Mountainside Apartments in Garnerville were briefly evacuated due to smoke conditions Saturday afternoon.

A burnt steak in a broiler caused such severe smoke conditions Saturday afternoon that it set off alarms at Mountainside Apartments in Garnerville and the building had to be evacuated, confirmed the Thiells Fire Department, who responded to the call. 

Approximately eight apartments were evacuated while the fire department responded to the incident at 3:23 p.m. Exhaust fans were used to ventilate the apartment where the steak had burned, according to the fire department, and occupants were allowed to re-enter within 20 minutes.

No damage was incurred and no one was injured. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »