Called out at 9:25 p.m. June 7 to a New City residence, the responding officers reported they saw an open door. They checked the place and found no burglar—but they saw drugs lying on the dresser in a bedroom.
A further check of the residence revealed crack cocaine, heroin and marijuana, police said. The resident, Jena Vasquez, 25, was was arrested and charged with:
- criminal possession of narcotic drugs with the intent to sell 3rd (felony),
- criminal possession of a controlled substance with the intent to sell 5th (felony),
- criminal possession of a controlled substance 7th (misdemeanor),
- criminal possession of marihuana 2nd; weight more than 16 ounces (felony);
- criminal use of drug paraphernalia 2nd (misdemeanor).
She was arraigned at Clarkstown Justice Court June 8. Vasquez posted the $1,000 bail and will return to court June 12.