Around 5:30 p.m. Friday night, a dumpster attached to Home Goods in front of Posa Posa caught on fire. There were no injuries.
The Nanuet Fire Department was assisted by Pearl River and South Spring Valley fire departments. Rockland Paramedics and Nanuet Ambulance Corps were also at the scene.
"These kinds of dumpsters are connected to the building, and the fire started inside the compacter room, and it goes into the dumpsters," said Nanuet Fire Chief AJ Knapp. "We got inside the building and tried to put the fire out and it was really hard; we had to cut a bunch of holes in the metal container to knock the fire down. We used a backhoe to pull it away from the building."