Shortly after 8 p.m. Thursday the Nanuet Fire Department members gathered at the Prospect Street firehouse (8-100) to hold its annual meeting. The annual meeting is held each year in January to review the previous year's business, tie up loose ends and install the incoming officers for the upcoming year.
President Matthew Bowler called the meeting to order. Both outgoing Chief Anthony Knapp and Chief Engineer Jason Schlesinger delivered their reports for 2012 thanking the membership and officers for their dedication and help for the previous year.
The meeting was then turned over to Chairman Harold Straut of the Nanuet Fire District to administer the oath of office to the new incoming officers for 2013.
The following is a list of the department's new leaders:
- Chief: Christopher M. Koester
- 1st Asst Chief: Todd Giraudin
- 2nd Asst Chief: Bill Schoenleber
- Captain: Brian Ready
- 1st Lieutenant: Joe Koester
- 2nd Lieutenant: David Jacobson
- 3rd Lieutenant: Nicholas Pata
- Chief Chauffeur: Brian O'Toole
- 1st Asst Chauffeur: Joseph Pacella
- 2nd Asst Chauffeur: Denise Schoenleber
- 3rd Asst Chauffeur: Patrick Tobin
- President: Matthew Bowler
- Vice President: Matthew Younghans
- Treasurer: Joseph Somma
- Financial Secretary: Craig Simon
- Recording Secretary: Mark Perlowitz
- Corresponding Secretary: Gregory Tobin
- Trustee: Edward Smith
- Trustee: Joseph Helmke
The meeting was adjourned ending another successful year for the Nanuet Fire Department.
Editor's Note: This post was from Nanuet FD's David J.