Clarkstown released a storm update from town hall regarding Friday's snow with a suggestion for residents. Orangetown has also done the same.
In preparation for today's Winter Snow Storm, the town is urging residents to take precautionary measures.
- Monitor weather reports
- Limit your travels if all possible
- Check all emergency supplies and equipment
- Keep a portable radio and flashlight on hand with fresh batteries
- Keep first aid kit available and make sure there is ample supply of medicines on hand for those who require them
- Store sufficient drinking water for each family member. A gallon a day for each individual in your household is recommended.
Town departments have begun to take all necessary precautions in preparation for the storm and will continue to do so over the weekend. Highway crews have been preparing equipment and have salted our Town roads and the Clarkstown Police have been working with the County Office of Emergency Management in monitoring the storm.
Town Changes/Warming Centers:
- Garbage collection for Saturday, February 9th has been cancelled and will resume on the regular garbage pick-up date.
- Clarkstown Mini-Trans has cancelled services for today.
- Street Community Center located at 31 Zukor Road in New City will remain open through the evening and into tomorrow, Saturday February 9th. For further information please call 634-3039. Residents can use the facility to charge electronics or warm up. Please bring your own cots, water, food and medications.
- A warming center has also been set-up at the Palisades Center Mall in the Adler Room
- Please contact the Clarkstown Police Department at 639-5800 to report down wires or hanging tree limbs.
Follow the storm locally here:
- Snow Hub: Clarkstown Schools Dismiss Early