FEMA has identified rentals in the affected areas and is providing information on available rental resources to survivors.
The Rockland Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) closed at Provident Bank Park in Pomona, but FEMA representatives will be at the Fire Training Center at 35 Firemens Memorial Drive, Pomona until Jan. 28, the recently-extended deadline
- Open 9 - 5 p.m. M - F, but call first to make an appointment 845 364 8800
"Our priority is to help Hurricane Sandy survivors get back into their neighborhoods as soon as possible," said Nate Custer, FEMA Public Information Officer.
- FEMA is providing financial assistance for rent and home repairs to eligible applicants through our Individual Assistance program. More than $716 million in housing assistance so far.
- FEMA has extended the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program, which allows eligible survivors who cannot return to their homes to stay in participating hotels or motels through the holiday season. The program was extended to Jan. 12, 2013.
- FEMA is expediting partial National Flood Insurance Program payments to policyholders. More than $627 million has been paid to New Yorkers in NFIP claims.
- The SBA is providing low-interest disaster loans of up to $200,000 for qualified homeowners to rebuild or replace damaged homes. Renters and homeowners may qualify for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged personal property.
Below are the latest registration numbers, along with updated FEMA dollars approved and SBA loan figures. These are all through Tuesday, December 18.
- Total FEMA dollars approved for individuals for Hurricane Sandy statewide in NY: over 3/4 of a billion dollars ($798,785,313)
- Statewide FEMA registrations for Hurricane Sandy damage: beyond a quarter of a million (255,576)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest disaster recovery loans approved for individuals for Hurricane Sandy: over $200 million ($218,969,900)
County Registrations (through December 18)
Register, Stay in Touch with FEMA
The deadline for Hurricane Sandy survivors in 13 designated counties to register for FEMA individual assistance has been extended to Jan. 28, 2013.
- Register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.
- Call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
- For 711-Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS) call 800-621-3362.
- The toll-free telephone numbers operate 24 hours a day seven days a week until further notice.