The deadline for Hurricane Sandy survivors in 13 designated counties to register for FEMA individual assistance has been Here are some highlights from FEMA of their activities in the response and the recovery from Sandy:
- The SBA is providing low-interest disaster loans of up to $200,000 for qualified homeowners to rebuild or replace damaged homes. Renters and homeowners may qualify for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged personal property
- FEMA is helping pay the cost of debris removal. So far more than 3 million cubic yards of debris have been removed.
- FEMA is helping pay the cost of rebuilding public facilities that were damaged or destroyed. So far, more than $260 million has been approved.
- FEMA is expediting partial National Flood Insurance Program payments to policyholders
Register for Aid
- Register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.
- Call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
- For 711-Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS) call 800-621-3362
- The toll-free telephone numbers operate 24 hours a day seven days a week until further notice.
Below are the latest registration numbers, along with updated FEMA dollars approved and SBA loan figures. These are all through Saturday, Dec. 15.
- Total FEMA dollars approved for individuals for Hurricane Sandy statewide in NY: over 3/4 of a billion dollars ($790,914,507)
- Statewide FEMA registrations for Hurricane Sandy damage: more than a quarter of a million (254,098)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest disaster recovery loans approved for individuals for Hurricane Sandy: almost $170 million ($168,916,500)
County Registrations (through December 15)