The Rockland FEMA Workshop originally scheduled for Feb. 8 and 9 was postponed due to the recent snow storm. FEMA has rescheduled it for Feb. 15 and 16
WHEN: Friday, February 15 and Saturday, Feb. 16, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHAT: FEMA Disaster Recovery Workshop to assist homeowners, renters and businesses. This workshop is free.
WHERE: Immaculate Conception Church, 26 John Street, Stony Point
This is an opportunity for people to get their disaster assistance and recovery questions answered one-on-one, face-to-face. Representatives from FEMA’s Individual Assistance, Community Relations, Mitigation and the National Flood Insurance Program will be on hand as well as the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
A reminder that the deadline for Sandy survivors to register with FEMA is February 27. Applicants can call 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). Another way to register is to go online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.
Important Deadlines Approaching
- FEMA registration deadline is Feb. 27.
- Transitional Sheltering Assistance checkout date is Feb. 24.
- Small Business Administration deadlines: Feb. 27 for homeowners, renters and businesses to apply for an SBA disaster loan for physical damage. July 31 for businesses and private/nonprofit organizations to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance deadline is Feb. 28.
- Public Assistance deadlines: March 2 for Rockland and Westchester counties; March 13 for Orange, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster counties.
FEMA by the Numbers (Through February 12)
- Nearly to 268,000 people have contacted FEMA for help or information
- Total Individual Assistance approved: $899 million
- Housing Assistance approved: $781.8 million approved
- Other Needs Assistance approved: $117.1 million approved
- Issued: 178,911
- Returned: 178,431
- Inspectors: 44
SBA disaster loans
- Applications approved (homeowners, renters, businesses): 14,215
- Amount approved: more than $969.5 million
Registrations with FEMA County-by-County (through February 12)
Flood Insurance Payments Total $2.2 Billion For NY Sandy Survivors
- The National Flood Insurance Program has paid $2.2 billion to 56,300 flood insurance policy holders with losses from Hurricane Sandy in New York.
- Funds can be used to cover structural, furnace, water heater and air conditioner damage; flood debris cleanup; and floor surface damage to carpeting and tile.
- Flood insurance reimburses homeowners for structural losses of up to $250,000.
- Businesses are covered up to $500,000 for structural and content losses.
- NFIP guidelines can be found at www.Region2Coastal.com or call the Help Center 800-427-4661.
- Information also can be found at FloodSmart.gov.