Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
A.C. Moore Celebrates National Craft Month
- When/Where: 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, March 31 - Buy and Decorate Your Own Easter Foam Shapes
- Why Go: Both the experienced and novice crafter can participate in this nationally celebrated craft month with free, fun activities offered by all 134 A.C. Moore stores. They are offering free demonstrations and “Make and Take” projects devised for the beginner or experienced crafter throughout the month. You can enter your chance to win a $500 or $50 gift card to get the supplies you need to get crafting.
- Cost/Contact: Free /
Nanuet High School POPS Concert
- When/Where: at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28
- Why Go: Come out to hear some great music and support these students who prepared for this one fun night.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Nanuet Schools at 845-627-9800
Pearl River Easter Egg Hunt
- When/Where: Sunday, April 1 at 1 p.m. on the Central Avenue Field in Pearl River
- Why Go: The Pearl River Chamber of Commerce and the Law Offices of Tom Diviny sponsor the annual egg hunt in Pearl River. Be sure to arrive early. The egg hunt is over fast. Bring your own bags or baskets.
- Cost/Contact: Event is free. For more information, go to the Peral River Chamber of Commerce website, www.pearlriverny.org.
- When/Where: Friday, March 30 from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m./Albertus Magnus High School, 798 Route 304 in Bardonia
- Why Go: The event is open to all high school students and proceeds benefit United Hospice of Rockland. Last year’s event drew over 300 students from 16 area high schools and raised more than $11,000. Teens raise money by asking friends, family and neighbors to support them as they dance to raise funds for UHR. Prizes will be awarded to students who raise the most in sponsorships. There will be a DJ, raffle, t-shirts for all and complimentary food and beverages. In addition all participants earn community service hours. This year, raffle prizes include: a Carvel gift card, Starbucks basket, Cookie Girl basket, Yogurt Sensations gift cards, Rockland Boulders tickets, Glaze gift certificate, and 16 Handles gift certificate.
- Cost/Contact: A minimum of $25 in sponsorships is requested / www.hospiceofrockland.org
- When/Where: Saturday, March 31, 2012, from 6 to 9 p.m./Felix Festa Middle School, 30 Parrott Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: The Clarkstown Education Foundation's Annual Chili Festival will feature an appearance by the Boulders Bird and raffles for technology items. Every dollar raised at the event will be matched by the president of the Clarkstown Education Foundation.
- Cost/Contact: Admission is $5 for children, $10 adults and $25 for families / http://www.clarkstownschoolsfoundation.org
- When/Where: Saturday, March 31 @ 9:00 am/Leaves from The Historical Society of Rockland County, 20 Zukor Rd, New City
- Why Go: The Historical Society of Rockland County continues its popular bus trips on Saturday, March 31 with a daytrip to tour The American Museum of Natural History.
- Cost/Contact: $firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Friday, March 30, 2012, 7:30 pm/Nyack Public Library, 59 S Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: Take the kids to the library’s old-timey Carnegie Room for an introduction to classical music.
- Cost/Contact: $25.00 adults/$5 email@example.com