According to the Nanuet Schools website, Tuesday, Nov. 6 will be a regular school day for all students and staff.
At this time District phones are not working for any calls other than internal between the buildings. However, one phone number has been established for each school that can be used to report an absence or for emergencies only. There is no capability to leave a message so you will need to speak to someone personally.
The numbers are as follows:
- Miller School 624-1534
- Highview School 624-4579
- Barr Middle School 624-3138
- High School 624-5520
- Transportation Office 623-1963
Voters will access the Barr Middle School gym directly from outside so will not need to enter the school through the main entrance. Food Services will be operating on a normal schedule.
According to the District’s most recent information, we have found out that the following bus stops will not be available until further notice:
Ablondi Road & Cara Drive (Buses C-Barr; A-Highview; A-High School; D-Miller). The buses come from Townline Road and will be turning off Cara Drive at Cleveland Street onto Villa & Cleveland. All stops below Cleveland Street on both Cara and Villa will not be made.
- Available stops for C-Barr include, Cara & Summit, Cara & Orchard, Villa & Cleveland, and Venter & Villa.
- Available stops for A-Highview include Cara & Venter, Cara & Crescent, and Orchard & Villa.
- Available stops for A-High School include Cara & Summit, Cara & Hillaire, Cleveland & Villa, and Venter & Villa.
- Available stops for D-Miller include Cara & Venter, Cara & Crescent, Cleveland & Villa, Hillaire & Villa, Summit & Villa, and Hillside & Villa.
Laurel Road between May Road and Fisher Avenue (Buses E-Barr; L-Highview; A-High School; and J-Miller). The closest stop for the E, A, and J buses would be 24 Graney Court; Highview parents will have their children picked up and dropped off at Graney Court and Margaret Keahon Drive.