Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Family Movie Night
- When/Where: 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June. 29 at the
- Why Go: Enjoy a movie on our big screen: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. Bring blankets, pillows, and whatever makes you most comfortable. The library will provide snacks. A grown up must accompany children into the Library and remain with them in the Community Room during the movie presentation.
- Cost/Contact: No registration required. Free /
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here
Arts & Craft Make & Take
- When/Where: from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, June 30
- Why Go: AC Moore has free a Arts & Craft Make & Take activity this Saturday. Stop by and create duck tape "Crazy" birds. There are also 220 kids craft projects for only $1.
- Cost/Contact: Free /
Pearl River Carnival
- When/Where: June 28 through July 1 on the Central Ave. Field in Pearl River. Open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends.
- Why Go: Treat the kids to rides, games and food with the money raised going to the Pearl Rier Park & Activities Committee to pay for the 4th of July fireworks on the Central Ave. Field.
- Cost/Contact: $25 unlimited ride passes.
Teen Star Wars Night
- When/Where: 6-8:15 p.m. on Thursday, June. 28 at the
- Why Go: Enjoy "Star Wars" on the big screen. There will also be a new selection of Star Wars books and graphic novels. Complete fun challenges to win a prize and there will be Wookiee cookies and Jabba Juice.
- Cost/Contact: Registration required, for grades 7-12. Free /