Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Kid’s Kingdom Pajama Party
- When/Where: from 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16
- Why Go: Drop the kid's off and enjoy an adult night out! Kids come in their P.J.'s. Pizza will be served, there will be games, play time in their dynamic "Kingdom" and snuggle up to a nice wholesome movie. Don't forget sleeping bags and pillows. The perfect way to celebrate Father's Day. Must RSVP
- Cost/Contact: $25 /
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here
Arts & Craft Demo
- When/Where: from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, June 16
- Why Go: AC Moore has free Arts & Craft Demonstartion this Saturday. Stop by and see how to make a decorative mesh wreath. There are also 220 kids craft projects for only $1.
- Cost/Contact: Free /
Orangeburg Volunteer Fire Association Carnival
- When/Where: Wednesday, June 13 through Sunday, June 17 at Dominican Colege on Western Highway. Opens 5 p.m. weekdays and noon on weekends.
- Why Go: The carnival includes rides, games and food. Special events include hte town board dunk tank 6 p.m. Wednesday, live remote by Kicks 106.3 country radio 7 pm. Saturday and fireworks Saturday night. Pay-one-price wristbands available Wednesday and Sunday.
- Cost/Contact: For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (845) 474-0047
Get a Handle on Finals
- When/Where: Friday, June 15 from 3 to 7 p.m./16 Handles, 170 South Main Street, New City
- Why Go: Get A Handle On Finals at 16 Handles in New City. Enjoy a snack that gives back! Come out for a well-deserved treat and support Clarkstown High School North. 16% of all sales from 3-7pm will be donated to the Clarkstown North PTSA.
- Cost/Contact: http://www.northptsa.com
- When/Where: Saturday, June 16 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m./Germonds Pool, Germonds Road, West Nyack
- Why Go: Swimming, entertainment by Trippy the Clown, aquatics demonstration, award, balloon caricaturist, mini golf, music, mural painting. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy a day outside.
- Cost/Contact: Free to all Clarkstown residents/845-639-6200
Orangetown Relay for Life
- When/Where: Friday, June 15, 7:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday on the Central Avenue Field in Pearl River next to Pearl River Hook and Ladder.
- Why Go: Exercise, community and charity, all in one event. The entertainment for this family-friendly event includs the music of Roddy Harrington and sports activities for kids coordinated by Ray Kondracki, a Clarkstown South High School coach and former VP of baseball for Pearl River Little League.
- Cost/Contact: Free (donations accepted)/http://www.relayforlife.org/orangetownny
Edward Hopper: Early Nautical Scenes
- When/Where: Saturday, June 16, all day/Edward Hopper House Art Center, 82 N Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: Introduce the kids to one of Rockland’s most famous sons
- Cost/Contact: $5/(845)358-0774