Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Nanuet Library Rockland Boulders Game Fundraiser
Arts & Craft Make & Take
Backyard Nature Special Show: Snakes!
- When/Where: Thursday, August 2 at 6 p.m./New City Library, 220 N Main St, New City
- Why Go: Ages: 5 & up. Herpetologist Jerry Hillard shares fascinating facts and amusing stories about his passion for saving snakes.
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.newcitylibrary.org
Tag Sale to Benefit Home Aides of Rockland
- When/Where: Sunday, August 5 at 9 a.m. - 3 p.m./8 Ilana Ln, New City
- Why Go: Fundraising Tag Sale for Home Aides of Rockland will feature items such as household items, toys, kitchenware, small appliances, clothing and books.
- Cost/Contact: email: email@example.com
National Night Out in Orangetown
- When/Where: Tuesday, Aug. 7 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Tappan Zee High School
- Why Go: The family-friendly event is now in its fifth year in Orangetown, this time sponsored by the Orangeburg Fire Dept. and St Thomas Aquinas College. The Orangetown Police, local fire departments, ambulance corps and the Lions Club will all take part. There will be a skate park set up early in the evening and fireworks at approximately 9 p.m.
- Cost/Contact: Free.
Magician Steve Woyce
- When/Where: Monday, Aug 6 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Pearl River Public Library Community Room.
- Why Go: Magician Steve Woyce will perform his show entitled Dreams, Books and Magic. This show is for summer reading club members who have reported at least one book completed.
- Cost/Contact: Free. No registration. Parents are invited to stay. For more information, call Pamela Gunning at 845-735-4084 ext. 126.