Find out what’s happening this week in New City and Nanuet.
Don’t be left in the dark when it comes to local happenings.
Let us make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place—so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our New City newsletter, or Nanuet newsletter and check out the New City events calendar and the Nanuet events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing. Arm yourself with knowledge!
Tuesday, Sept. 3
- The Clarkstown School District will hold a second Community Meeting with parents of Congers Elementary School students to discuss the school’s closure and plans for relocating the children to other schools. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at Clarkstown South High School on Demarest Mill Road in West Nyack.
- Several Rockland County legislative committees will meet prior to the full legislative session at 7 p.m. at the county office building at 11 New Hempstead Road in New City. The Planning & Public Works Committee gathers at 5 p.m. and the Budget & Finance Committee is scheduled for 5:15 p.m.
- Jimmy’s on Main in Nanuet is hosting a benefit program, Dine & Donate to Hi-Tor Animal Shelter.
- Rosh Hashanah Story Time at Barnes & Noble at the Palisades Center in West Nyack at 4 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7
- The 101st Annual Rockland County Volunteer Firemen’s Paradesteps off at 2 p.m. The marchers will follow a route beginning on South Little Tor Road, turning onto Collyer Ave and then turning on South Main Street and continuing up to the reviewing stand in front of the county courthouse. The parade also celebrates the 125th Anniversary of New City Fire Company No. 1.