Nanuet's Connor Corish who was only 15 when he was struck and killed by a train in 2008.To honor his memory, the Annual Fundraiser for the Connor Corish Memorial Fund is coming up on Saturday, March 3 at the Elks Club in Nanuet at 6 p.m.
This is the fourth year of this event which was created in 2009 to raise funds for the scholarships given to area students. To date eight area students have been awarded scholarships.
Corish, of Nanuet, was a freshman at Don Bosco Prepatory High School in Bergen County, so one scholarship is given each year to an eighth grade student from Rockland or Bergen County seeking to enter Don Bosco and one scholarship is given to a Nanuet High School Senior who has been accepted at a college or university.
“It’s important of keep the memory of Connor alive, always give back to the community and try to make the lives of young men and women better,” said Max Corish.
The donation for the evening is $60 per person which includes dinner, drinks and dancing. The evening will also include live and silent auctions.
Live Auction to include:
- Superbowl Tickets with airfare and hotel accommodations in New Orleans!
- Weekend in NYC with Broadway Show, dinner at Bobby Vans, 4 Star Hotel Accomodations
- Silent Auction with many valuable prizes
Silent Auction items to include:
- Ride the Zamboni at New York Ranger game: date to be determined
- Full day private charter fishing trip for 4 people
- Be a ball boy/girl at New York Knicks game March 26th; includes 2 Delta Sky Box seats (value $675/per ticket)
- NY Yankee/Boston Red Sox Legend Seats Game: Date to be determined; includes parking and food
- Any many more!
The evening also includes a buffet dinner and entertainment by the band Wasted Time, the Rockland County AOH Pipe Band and Dermot O'Brien.
For more information or to register, visit www.connorcorish.org. Donations can also be made on the website.