Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Family Movie Night
- When/Where: 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 24 at the
Olympic Week at West Rock
- When/Where: Monday - Friday February 20th - 24th from 10am to 2pm at West Rock Indoor Sports and Entertainment Complex
- Why Go: Come join the fun! Compete in Olympic games: tennis, basketball, soccer, kickball, dodgeball, relay races & more. Inflatable and crafts too! Tons of activities & run every day during the February Break. Ages 5 & up
- Cost/Contact: $20/day or $85/week; 845-507-0046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Tuesday, Feb. 28 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in the Pearl River Public Library Community Room
- Why Go: Bring children ages two to five to listen to old and new songs geared just for them.
- Cost/Contact: Free to children with an adult. No registration. Contact Pamela Gunning at 845-735-4084, extension 126
- When/Where: Feb. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Feb. 26 from noon to 5 p.m./United Methodist Church of Pearl River.
- Why Go: Because model trains are excellent, old-school family entertainment. Now in its 23rd year, the Bergen County Model Railroad Club’s show is always a popular one. The exhibit features four layouts with trains of many shapes and sizes. This is the third of three weekends for the exhibit, ending March 4.
- Cost/Contact: Tickets cost $5 for adults, $2 for children./For more information, go to www.bcmrrc.com
- When/Where: Friday, Feb. 24 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m./New City Library, 220 North Main Street, New City
- Why Go: Come to our showing of a movie,based on a book by Carl Hiaasen. When the new kid in town discovers that a local population of burrowing owls are about to have their home destroyed, he teams up with some friends to save the endangered owls. Snacks will be served
- Cost/Contact: Free/Kathy Bachor at (845) 634-4997 or email@example.com
- When/Where: Sunday, February 26 from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m./JCC of Rockland, 450 W Nyack Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Join us for an afternoon of fun as we celebrate the Purim holiday with carnival games, inflatables, treats and more! Slides and bounce house provided by K&A House of Bounce. Game booths, prizes, arts and crafts, ball pit, clowns, face painting and treats!
- Cost/Contact: $25 per family/(845) 362-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Konner Sculpture Park @ RoCA
- When/Where: Saturday and Sunday/10:00 am Rockland Center for the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Visit the Catherine Konner Sculpture Park at Rockland Center for the Arts (RoCA) to see the permanent sculptures on exhibit and landscaping by Omni Landscaping.
- Cost/Contact: Freeemail@example.com
- When/Where: Sunday, February 26, 10:00 am/530 Piermont Ave, Piermont
- Why Go: Enjoy an environment with engaging art and an array of vendors with natural, organic and offerings with no preservatives.
- Cost/Contact: Freefirstname.lastname@example.org