Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: 7:30 p.m. at
- Why Go: Come out and enjoy a night of music while supporting the students
- Cost/Contact: Free /
- When/Where: during their hours of operation
- Why Go: The Art & Design Studio in Nanuet has an art gallery showcased in the upstairs Nanuet Community Room during the month of April. Stop by and appreciate some of the works from the studio’s students
- Cost/Contact: Free /
- When/Where: Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 at 7 p.m. in the Pearl River High School auditorium.
- Why Go: See Pearl River High School students perform the modern retelling of the Faust legend. A middle-aged man sells his soul to become a baseball player capable of leading his Washington Senators to victory against the Yankees.
- Cost/Contact:Tickets are $12 at the door.
- When/Where: Saturday, April 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Meet at the Central Avenue Field Gazebo in Pearl River.
- Why Go: Help keep Pearl River clean while meeting neighbors and putting in community service time with this event, which is part of the Great American Cleanup. The meet and greet for participants will be held at the gazebo in Central Avenue Field. Supplies will be available there. Choose a site or have one suggested for you. Rain date is Sunday, April 29.
- Cost/Contact: For more information, contact Gerry Collins at (845) 623-1534 or gerry@keeprockland beautiful.org.
- When/Where: Saturday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road in West Nyack.
- Why Go:Clarkstown South Assets Leadership Team hosts its first Outdoor Shopping Extravaganza as a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It feature 30 vendors selling clothing, jewelry, home goods and food products. South clubs and sports teams will also be selling items, fundraising and staffing an arts and crafts table for kids. Food choices include Chefs2be, American Burrito and Kangaroo Swirls plus nonstop entertainment provided by South Troubadors, the South Spirit Hip Hop team and local bands.
- Cost/Contact: Free admission/ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- When/Where: Sunday, April 29 (Raindate May 6) at 11:30 a.m. at Clarkstown South High School Track, 31 Demarest Mill Road in West Nyack
- Why Go: Come out to the "Annual Track & Field Meet" for Clarkstown residents between the ages of 7 and 12 as of April 29, 2012.) Registration starts on site at 11:30 a.m. Events start at 12:15 p.m. The events are 55 meter, 100 meter, 400 meter, 800 meter runs, and long jump. Sneakers must be worn. Please bring lawn chairs.
- Cost/Contact: Free/845.639.6200
- When/Where: Saturday, April 28, 9:00 am/675 Oak Tree Rd, Palisades
- Why Go: It’s still chilly outside, so grab the kids and pick up fresh groceries indoors
- Cost/Contact: Free/PCC@PalisadesNY.com
- When/Where: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 10:00 am/IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center, 4270 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack
- Why Go: IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center in West Nyack is the only theatre to have this film in the Rockland, Bergen, Westchester area; it depicts life in the Arctic for a family of polar bears. The film is narrated by Oscar Award Winner Meryl Streep with songs by Paul McCartney.
- Cost/Contact: $email@example.com