Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Arts & Crafts Demonstration
- When/Where: Sunday, Nov. 25 from 1-3 p.m. at A.C. Moore
- Why Go: Stop by A.C. Moore in Nanuet this Sunday with your kids for a demonstration with Mint Twist Bark Mold
- Cost/Contact: A.C. Moore / Free
Bounce! Trampoline Sports Open for All Ages until 11 PM
- When/Where: Friday, Nov. 23 from 2 - 11 p.m. at Bounce! Trampoline Sports
- Why Go: Due to popular demand, Bounce! Trampoline Sports is now open until 11 p.m. for all ages on both Friday and Saturday nights. The whole family can enjoy great exercise together every Friday and Saturday night.
- Cost/Contact: 845-268-4000 or email@example.com; $12
- When/Where: Friday through Sunday, November 23 to 25 from 12 to 4 p.m./ The Historical Society of Rockland County, 20 Zukor Rd, New City
- Why Go: The Historical Society of Rockland County proudly announces the return of the ever-popular annual exhibition: The 37th Annual Miniature, Dollhouse & Art Exhibition “Memories.” The exhibition will showcase the work of miniature artists, fine artists, quilters and dollhouse creators! The exhibition is curated by Joanne Potanovic.
- Cost/Contact: Suggested admission is $7 for adults, $5 for HSRC members, seniors and $3 children under 12 (children under 3 are free)./845-634-9629 or visit www.RocklandHistory.org.
- WHEN/WHERE: Saturday, Nov. 24 at 10 a.m./82 Lake Road, Congers
- WHY GO: The Christmas Boutique at St. Paul's Parish Center is sponsored by the Catholic Daughters of the Americas #2571. A traditional hometown craft and gift market including artisans who create their own work. Plenty of raffles, including our famous $300 Cash Money Tree. Music, desserts, and coffee available. Free admission
- Cost/Contact: Free admission
B&N Holiday Book Drive for Nyack Center and Head Start
- When/Where: At Barnes & Noble at the Palisades Center during regular business hours from now until Jan. 1, 2013
- Why Go: Give the gift of literacy this season with the Barnes & Noble Holiday Book Drive. This year Barnes & Noble Palisades is pleased to collect books for the Nyack Center and for Nyack Head Start. Shoppers can choose a book from any of the Holiday Book Drive displays or from the Children's Department. Barnes & Noble stores across the country invite customers to give the gift of reading to children in need during its annual Holiday Book Drive, taking place from November 1, 2012 to January 1, 2013. The Holiday Book Drive provides an opportunity for customers to donate books through locally designated non-profit organizations.
- Cost/Contact: Barnes & Noble
- When/Where: Friday, Nov. 23 at 4 - 6 p.m. at the Nyack Public LibraryWhy Go: Join them on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month for movies and popcorn. Movies are rated up to PG-13.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Elizabeth Hobson 845-358-3370
- When/Where: Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Pearl River Public Library Storytime Room.
- Why Go: Teen volunteers will be available to help children in Kindergarten through fifth grade with their school work. No registration required. Just show up and bring your work.
- Cost/Contact: Free/For more information contact Christina Linder or Pamela Gunning at (845) 735-4084.
Last Chance Chess
- When/Where: Monday, Nov. 26 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Pearl River Public LIbrary
- Why Go: Experienced players and those just learning to play chess are both welcome. There are regular players, but there is plenty of room for newcomers to this activity for teens. The group may hold tournaments in the future if enough players show up.
- Cost/Contact: Free/For more information contact Christina Linder at (845) 735-4084.