Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Nyack Schools Winter Concerts
- When/Where: Will take place this week. On varying days and times and locations. Click here for the full schedule
- Why Go: Support the arts and the local students. Come out for some festive music and see how hard they’ve worked.
- Cost/Contact: Free
Nanuet Schools Winter Concert
- When/Where: Thursday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 p.m. (Grade 5) at Nanuet High School
- Why Go: Try to catch this last winter concert. The students have worked very hard, so come out and enjoy some festive holiday music.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Nanuet High School
Pearl River Schools Winter Concerts
- When/Where: Pearl River High, today at 7 p.m.; Evans Park Elementary, Thursday Dec. 20 at 9:30 a.m.; Lincoln Ave. Elementary, Friday, Dec. 31 at 9:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Students from each of the Pearl River District’s five school buidlings will put on their winter concerts beginning with the middle school tonight. Each school holds the concert in its own building except for the middle school students, who will be at Pearl River High School.
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.pearlriver.org
RSVP for West Rock Open Bounce & Play Winter Camp
- When/Where: West Rock Indoor Sports and Entertainment Complex December 24, 26, 27, 28 & 31st from 10am - 2pm
- Why Go: Organized sports, inflatables, arts & crafts and much more. Includes lunch. Drop offs welcome, AGES 5+. Concession available for purchase
- Cost/Contact: $20 per day or $85 for all five days / West Rock Indoor Sports and Entertainment Complex Must register Online
- When/Where: Friday Dec 21 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 22 at 11 a.m., at Barnes & Noble at the Palisades Center.
- Why Go: When Marie receives a handsome wooden nutcracker from her uncle, she's thrilled. But during the night, something magical happens, and when her toy nutcracker transforms into a handsome prince, Marie is whisked off to Toyland on a winter adventure.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Barnes & Noble
- When/Where: Wednesday, Dec. 19 from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m./New City Library in the Storytime Room
- Who Go: This program is for a parent and child (ages 3-6) working together creating a craft. Children will make and paint their very own pair of adorable animal feet. Drop in program. Parent and/or child must have a New City or West Nyack library card.
- Cost/Contact: Free/A. Chaudhri at 634-4997
- When/Where: Monday, Dec. 24 from 6 to 9 p.m./Nanuet Hebrew Center, 411 S Little Tor Rd, New City
- Why Go: Featuring Kosher Chinese Food, live music by members of the Temple Dudes, plus an “open mic”, NHC’s December 24th Winter Vacation Party is open to the entire community – NHC members, prospective members, family and friends.
- Cost/Contact: Adults (13 and older) $18, Ages 5-12 $12, Under 5 Free, Family maximum cost (for immediate family) $60/ RSVP must be made to the Nanuet Hebrew Center by Thursday, Dec. 20 and payment received prior to the event. 845-708-9181/ firstname.lastname@example.org/ www.nanuethc.org/www.facebook.com/nanuethc
Pearl River Library Lego Club
- When/Where: Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: The club meets on Wednesdays, including a holiday edition Dec. 27. This is for children ages four to 12 to come and play with the library’s lego collection.
- Cost/Contact: Free. No registration necessary. For more information, contact Pamela Gunning at 745-735-4084 ext 126