6:12 p.m. Update: TOR and TZx buses are running on a regular schedule with 20 to 30 minute delays. At 8 p.m. service on both lines will be suspended. For the most up to the minute updates on all TOR and TZx bus services call 845-364-3333 or visit www.rocklandbus.com.
2:40 p.m. Update: Transport of Rockland/TOR buses are operating on a normal weekday schedule with 15-20 minute delays. Tappan Zeexpress/TZx is operating a normal weekday with 15-20 minute delays. TRIPS is operating normal weekday service. For updates on all TOR and TZx bus services call 845-364-3333 or visit www.rocklandbus.com.
2:20 p.m. Update: The Town of Clarkstown announced that Casper Hill Road and Storms Road in Valley Cottage are closed.
- Justice Court is open until 4 p.m. and is closed tonight. Contact Justice Court at 845.639.5960 to reschedule a court appearance.
- There are no senior citizen programs today.
- After school recreation programs are cancelled.
- All Town of Clarkstown Recreation facilities are open until 10 p.m. tonight. Residents are advised to call the centers first. Central Nyack Community Center’s number is 845-358-2500. Congers Community Center’s number is 845-268-9700. Pascack Community Center ‘s number is 845-371-6650. Street Community Center’s number is 845-634-3039.
The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Warning from noon Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday with the forecast calling for up to 10 inches of snow in Nanuet and the surrounding area.
Nanuet Schools closed today in advance of the storm. Read more here.
In addition to the snow, there will be wind
gusts up to 30 miles per hour and the wind chill could be as low as 10 degrees
below zero Tuesday night.
A travel advisory has been issued by the Rockland County Department of Fire & Emergency Management to avoid unnecessary travel. Roads are slick and if you must drive be cautious.
- The Nanuet School Board cancelled tonight's meeting.
- Nanuet Hebrew Center religious school classes are cancelled.
- Capri Cosmetology Learning Center cancelled its night classes.
- The Nanuet Library closed at 12 p.m.
- The Rockland County Legislature rescheduled tonight's meeting for Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. The Public Hearing scheduled for this evening will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7:05 pm.
Check back with Patch for more winter storm updates during the day.
For weather and travel updates, sign up for the Patch newsletter.