At the last Nanuet Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Mark McNeill said that he had been contacted by several residents saying that they heard the "school is running out of money and consolidating with other districts."
"Those are just rumors and we're not going anywhere," said McNeill. "The fiscal issues we're facing are what all other schools in the state are facing as well."
In that same meeting, the following personnel changes were voted on and passed:
- Gregory Scerba, elementary teacher, resigned
- Kevin McKenna, health teacher, resigned
- Doreen Clement was approved as a substituted teacher
The music students' overnight trip to Washington DC in the spring of 2013 was approved as well as the following gifts:
- The Nanuet Sports Hall of Fame gave $250 to the Nanuet HS cheerleaders for their performance at the hall of fame dinner
- The Giharardin family donated three used violins to Highview Elementary to be used in its orchestra program.