Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Arts & Craft Demo
- When/Where: from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 25
- Why Go: AC Moore has free a Arts & Craft activity this Saturday. Stop by and learn about Deco Mesh Ribbon Roses. There are also 220 kids craft projects for only $1.
- Cost/Contact: Free /
- When/Where: in Nanuet on Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Join Ms. Mariann for a fun-filled hour of Storytime in the Children's Department. Storytime runs every Wednesday during the summer.
- Cost/Contact: Free—
Song Time with Delores Jiji
- When/Where: Begins 10:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 28 at Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: Bring your little ones for this performance, which is for children ages two to six.
- Cost/Contact: Free with Pearl River Public Library card. No registration required. For more information, contact Pamela Gunning at 845-735-4084 ext 126
Please Don’t Eat the Daisies
- When/Where: Friday Aug. 25 at 2 p.m. at the Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: Check out some old-school, family-friendly humor in this 1960 comedy starring David Niven and Doris Day about a family moving from a cramped apartment in New York City to a house in the country.
- Cost/Contact: Free. For more information, contact Jim Cassetta at 845 735-4084 ext. 139
Battle of the Books Practice
- When/Where: Wednesday, Aug. 22 at the Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: Participants in the Battle of the Books program are urged to attend to prepare for the contest in September. The Battle of the Books is a competition for students in grades nine through 12 in which they answer questions about books they have read.
- Cost/Contact: For more information or to get involved, contact librarian Christina Linder at 845-735-4084.
- When/Where: Friday, August 24 at 7:30 p.m./185 Germonds Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Tim Urban, an American Idol Finalist, will perform at Germonds Park.
- Open to Clarkstown Residents
- Cost/Contact: Free/845-639-6200
- When/Where: Friday, Aug. 24/ at 7 p.m./Provident Bank Park, 1 Provident Bank Park Drive, Pomona
- Why Go: The Rockland community and friends of Big Brothers Big Sisters are invited to join a “fun with a cause” evening and support Big Brothers Big Sisters at the Active International Charity Challenge night at the Boulders. The Rockland Boulders will donate a percentage of ticket sales to Big Brothers Big Sisters and Active International will match the amount Big Brothers Big Sisters is able to raise during this event, including ticket sales and 50/50 raffle, vendors, jewelry sale table and inflatable bounce houses at the stadium.
- Cost/Contact: To purchase tickets online,go towww.rocklandboulders.com, click “Tickets”, select “Fundraiser Tickets,” then scroll down to August 24 and select Big Brothers Big Sisters.